A double chin can be a frustrating problem, especially as we age and our skin loses elasticity. Fortunately, there’s a new non-surgical solution called Kybella®. Kybella® is an injectable treatment that targets and destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in the appearance of a double chin. At Columbus Women’s Care in Canal Winchester, OH, we are excited to offer this treatment for women who are ready to look and feel their best.
What is Kybella® and how does it work?
Kybella® is an injectable medication using an ingredient called deoxycholic acid, a molecule in our bodies that breaks down dietary fat and is naturally occurring. When this medication is injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella® works at destroying fat cells, resulting in a dramatic reduction in the submental fullness–the medical term for a double chin. Kybella® treatments are typically given in a series of injections over the course of several weeks or months.
What are the benefits of Kybella®?
Kybella® offers a number of benefits for those looking to improve the appearance of their double chin, including:
- Non-surgical. Kybella® is a non-surgical alternative to traditional liposuction procedures.
- Minimally invasive. Kybella® injections are minimally invasive and well-tolerated by our patients.
- Long-lasting. Kybella® destroys fat cells which are then flushed through the lymphatic system for long-lasting results.
- Affordable. Injections are affordable for most patients and can cost a fraction of what traditional plastic surgeries do.
- Improved confidence. Women who treat their double chin feel more confident in social situations, especially where photographs are involved!
What can I expect from my Kybella® injections?
The procedure is simple and relatively quick, with most patients seeing results after just 2-4 treatments. Plus, there’s no downtime required, so you can get back to your busy life right away! This alone makes it a much more desirable option than traditional plastic surgeries such as liposuction that are commonly used to address submental fullness.
Call today to learn more about Kybella® injections
If you’re unhappy with your double chin, Kybella® may be the perfect solution for you. We encourage you to contact our practice in Canal Winchester, OH by calling 614-755-4200 and scheduling a consultation visit at Columbus Women’s Care. We are here to help you feel and look great with nonsurgical treatment options to consider for a more beautiful you!