Women who are interested in a birth control that doesn’t require pills, injections, or even hormones are encouraged to take the time to speak to the providers at Columbus Women’s Care in Canal Winchester, OH about the Paragard IUD.
What is the Paragard IUD?
The Paragard IUD is a hormone-free device made of copper that is placed into the uterus during an office visit. Once in place, the device can help in preventing pregnancy at a 99% success rate without hormones for up to ten years! This device makes it easy for women to avoid hormone-based pregnancy prevention techniques and still prevent pregnancy in a no muss, no fuss way. The IUD stays in place and does not require any maintenance.
Why might a patient consider the Paragard IUD?
There are several benefits to preventing pregnancy with the Paragard IUD. This device is:
- 100% hormone free, perfect for women who are adversely affected by hormone therapies
- Over 99% effective preventing pregnancy, making it a desirable option for many women
- Effective with one active ingredient: copper
- Approved by the FDA for over three decades
- Low maintenance, providing a no-hassle way to prevent pregnancy without a daily birth control routine
- Long-lasting, offering up to ten years of prevention, while alternative hormonal IUDs only offer up to five years
- Removable, allowing women to remove the IUD if they decide they want to become pregnant
- Affordable, as most insurance plans cover the cost of the Paragard IUD in full, eliminating copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket costs
Am I a candidate for the Paragard IUD?
If you love the idea of a no-hassle solution for preventing pregnancy, and are interested in learning more about the Paragard IUD, it’s time to schedule a consultation visit with the doctors at Columbus Women’s Care. Our team can evaluate a patient’s candidacy for treatment, and offer alternatives if the Paragard IUD is not a viable option for an individual.
Considering a Paragard IUD?
Connect with Columbus Women’s Care to learn more about the advantages of the Paragard IUD. Call the office at (614) 755-4200 to schedule a consultation appointment, and visit the practice personally at 7901 Diley Road, Suite 205/260 in Canal Winchester, OH.