The Importance of Prenatal Care
- Posted on: Feb 28 2020
Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman’s life. Growing a child is a miracle that can only happen for women. During this time, it is essential that patients work with their doctor to schedule routine prenatal care. At Columbus Women’s Care in Canal Winchester, OH, women who are pregnant or interested in becoming pregnant can ask about prenatal services.
What does prenatal care entail?
Prenatal care can involve:
- Preconception planning
- Nutritional advisement
- Control of medical conditions to improve chances of conception
- Evaluation of family history of both partners to look for genetic defects
- Assessment of vitamin and mineral intake
- Taking routine tests and screenings
- Assessing blood samples for HIV and anemia
- Monitoring of blood pressure levels
- Charting weight gain and size for development
- Monitor the baby’s growth and heart rate
- Discuss labor preparation
- Develop a birthing plan
Why is prenatal care important?
There are many reasons why women should visit their doctor at Columbus Women’s Care for prenatal care. Prenatal care covers a myriad of situations that can lead to a healthy pregnancy. With prenatal care, women can ensure they have the right balance of minerals and nutrients to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Women can check for complications throughout the nine months of pregnancy, and undergo screenings and testing to check for healthy development of the baby. Women who seek routine prenatal care can
- Lower their risk of pregnancy complications
- Ensure proper nutrients for the mom and their developing baby
- Monitor medications that may be unsafe during pregnancy
- Preparing for the birth of the child with a birthing plan
Prenatal care services are incredibly important. In fact, women who do not obtain prenatal care on a regular basis are three times more likely, according to the US Office of Women’s Health, to have a low birth weight baby. They are also five times more likely to experience deadly complications than babies born to mothers who obtained routine care. These statistics alone signify the importance of prenatal care.
Call Columbus Women’s Care today to learn more about prenatal care
Canal Winchester, OH area women who are interested in discussing prenatal care with a professional are welcome to call Columbus Women’s Care at (614) 755-4200. The office is located at 7901 Diley Road in Suites 205/260.
Posted in: Prenatal Care