Robotic surgery with da Vinci
- Posted on: Dec 30 2019
At Columbus Women’s Care, we welcome women who are interested in reproductive health solutions. When women are considering a hysterectomy, they may be faced with a variety of surgical solutions. While open surgery and laparoscopic surgery have been used regularly in the past, professionals now have access to robotic surgical systems such as da Vinci.
What is the da Vinci surgical system?
The professionals of Columbus Women’s Care have invested into their practice to improve patient care and outcomes. While more traditional surgical systems have provide care in the past, continued advancements in technology now allow for robotic surgery with the da Vinci system. This system allows professionals to perform minimally invasive procedures and is widely used in many urology and gynecology procedures. The da Vinci uses a set of advanced instruments and a three-dimensional, high-definition view of the area being treated. Doctors love the opportunity to provide a treatment that is less invasive than conventional surgery and ensures better outcomes with reduced complications.
What are the benefits of the da Vinci surgical system?
There are many benefits to utilizing the da Vinci robotic surgery system for common gynecological procedures. This system:
- Provides marked improvement when compared over traditional laparoscopic surgeries
- Has an ergonomic design that allows surgeons to perform their procedure in a comfortable position with hands and eyes positioned in line
- Improves the dexterity and visualization of the procedure in the body
- Ensures greater precision and ergonomic comfort of the surgeon
- Can assist with complex reconstruction
- Raises the standard of care for those who require complex surgeries
- Reduces the pain experienced by the patient post-operative
- Reduces blood loss and the need for blood transfusions during surgery
- Ensures a shorter hospital stay following the treatment
- Offers faster recovery and return to one’s normal activities, reducing downtime
Speak to our team at Columbus Women’s Care about robotic surgery with the DaVinci surgical system
If you reside in Canal Winchester, OH or the surrounding community, and are interested in learning more about robotic surgery and other advanced techniques, contact Columbus Women’s Care today at (614) 755-4200. Located at 7901 Diley Road, Suite 205/260, we are here to assist with a wide range of services for women in the area.
Posted in: Gynecology Services